The Sklik API is a simple interface for developers who want to flexibly manage Sklik accounts. API is based on the XML-RPC protocol. You should have an understanding of this protocol and have common programming skills to use this API. XML-RPC is available in many programming languages. Using the Sklik API, you can create and manage campaigns, groups, keywords, ads and their statistics.
Current stable Sklik API version is called Cipisek. Deprecated Sklik API version called Bajaja is still available, however its usage is discouraged. New Sklik API version is released if parameters or response of some method is changed in a backward-incompatible way.
Following XML-RPC endpoints can be used:
- https://api.sklik.cz/RPC2 always points to current Sklik API version; currently Cipisek
- https://api.sklik.cz/bajaja/RPC2 – Second version of Sklik API – Bajaja
- https://api.sklik.cz/cipisek/RPC2 – Third version of Sklik API – Cipisek
See below for sandbox endpoints.
Paying for the API
Sklik API is free of charge. (Of course you are still charged for clicks on your ads.)
Developing API applications
For testing and developing API applications you can use the API sandbox. It doesn't contain any data – only the data you create in it. The username and login for the access to sandbox is the same as your account, All sandbox data will be deleted and account info synchronized each day after midnight. XML-RPC endpoints for sandbox environment are:
- https://api.sklik.cz/sandbox/RPC2 – sandbox for current API version (currently Cipisek)
- https://api.sklik.cz/sandbox/bajaja/RPC2 – sandbox for API version Bajaja
- https://api.sklik.cz/sandbox/cipisek/RPC2 – sandbox for API version Cipisek
Differences between Sklik API versions Bajaja and Cipisek
Changes that are introduced in Cipisek:
- Refactor of methods (Campaign, Group, Ad, Keyword, Retargeting)
- Bulk methods
- Stats methods