The Sklik API is a simple interface for developers who want to flexibly manage Sklik accounts. API is based on the XML-RPC protocol. You should have an understanding of this protocol and have common programming skills to use this API. XML-RPC is available in many programming languages. Using the Sklik API, you can create and manage campaigns, groups, keywords, ads and their statistics.
Current Sklik API version is called Bajaja, it was released on March 24th 2011. Previous version is called Arabela. New Sklik API version is made when parameters or response of some methods is changed in backward-incompatible way.
Following XML-RPC endpoints can be used:
- https://api.sklik.cz/RPC2 always points to current Sklik API version; currently Bajaja
- https://api.sklik.cz/bajaja/RPC2 – Second version of Sklik API – Bajaja
- https://api.sklik.cz/arabela/RPC2 – First version of Sklik API – Arabela
See below for sandbox endpoints.
Differences between Sklik API versions Arabela and Bajaja
Three main features are introduced in new version Bajaja:
- extended negative keyword matches (phrase and exact, just like with regular keywords)
- statistics for entire user (client)
- user agency status and other other attributes
Following method was added:
Following methods were changed:
Paying for the API
Sklik API is free of charge. (Of course you are still charged for clicks on your ads.)
Developing API applications
For testing and developing API applications you can use the API sandbox. It doesn't contain any data – only the data you create in it. The username and login for the access to sandbox is the same as your account, All sandbox data will be deleted and account info synchronized each day after midnight. XML-RPC endpoints for sandbox environment are:
- https://api.sklik.cz/sandbox/RPC2 – sandbox for current API version (currently Bajaja)
- https://api.sklik.cz/sandbox/bajaja/RPC2 – sandbox for API version Bajaja
- https://api.sklik.cz/sandbox/arabela/RPC2 – sandbox for API version Arabela